Migrate Contacts to Aritic PinPoint from Keap (InfusionSoft)
The first step to take before migrating your contacts into Aritic PinPoint is to export them from your InfusionSoft account. This export has to be a CSV file; it should contain the contact’s email address along with any other valuable information such as company name, first name, last name, etc.
This file will also aid you in identifying what campaign, segments or automation your contacts belong to in your Aritic PinPoint account.[lore_alert_message type=”info”]
A “contact” is considered as one entry that contains an email, in both the platforms. Therefore, it is not possible to have any contact in Aritic PinPoint without an email address.[/lore_alert_message]
Below are the steps to migrate contacts to Aritic PinPoint from Infusionsoft (Keap).
1. Login to your Infusionsoft account > Go to CRM > Go to Contacts section.
Select a search – either you can opt for a saved search incase you want to work with a specific contact group, or start a search from scratch. Once selected, you will get to see all the contacts that are available to export.
2. Click on Actions drop-down menu > Select Export.
3. On the next page after clicking on Export, select the columns you want to export. You will find checkboxes to make this selection. Check the ones you want to export. Aritic PinPoint uses email addresses as a unique contact identifier. So, you will not need the ID from Infusionsoft; however, if you want you can export it as well.
4. Select the format in which you want to export the contacts. Infusionsoft will give you two ways to do this:
- By viewing and downloading on your browser
- Getting it over email
Incase you are not setting up your Aritic PinPoint on your own and have someone to help you, select the second option. Once done, click on Process > Ok to complete the export.
Import Contacts Inside Aritic Pinpoint
After you have completed exporting all of your contacts, you need to remove any fields that are not wanted and then save the file as a CSV file. If a segment doesn’t already exist in Aritic PinPoint, you will want to create one in. Here are the steps to create a static segment:
1. Login to your Aritic PinPoint Dashboard, click on Contacts from the left side-bar, select segments.
2. Click on “New Segment”. Fill the initial entries such as Name, Alias, Description. You can leave the Filters as it is. Click on Save & Close to save this segment.
Your segment is now ready. You can start importing contacts inside Aritic Pinpoint.
3. From Aritic PinPoint, again Go to Contacts menu from left. On the top right corner of Contact, click on Drop and down menu select the Import Contacts button.
4. Upload the CSV file with contacts you want to import. Here is a sample file which you can update and use directly inside Aritic PinPoint to import the contacts smoothly.
5. On the next screen, the field mapping page should show up. Select owner, segment (this should be your above build static segment), and tags to assign globally to all imported contacts. Further, map the columns from your CSV to Aritic PinPoint contact custom fields. Click on Import option to start importing your contacts.
6. Once the import process completes successfully, you can view the imported contacts inside your Static Segment.
Dynamic contents contain filters. It will update automatically as soon as contacts fulfill (or not) the conditions: Add contacts from a campaign action, Add contacts from a form action, Add contacts from the interface, Import contacts into segments.[lore_alert_message type=”warning”]
Be careful: Contacts manually added into segments will not be removed even if they do not fulfill the condition’s filters. That’s why when importing contacts, we advise creating static segments only for imports. Then create dynamic segments that will seek contacts from the import. It’s better to avoid future issues with campaign scenarios.[/lore_alert_message]
Still Not an User of Aritic PinPoint Automation?